We’ve just heard that due to the recent rainfall, Torpids has been fully cancelled. Our rowers and coxes have worked hard on land this term, and this should pay off next term. We’re certainly hoping for a dry Summer Eights!
The Senior Umpires have had lengthy discussions about the impact of the river conditions on Torpids 2014, and have updated us with some initial decisions about the racing. The final decision about whether racing will happen is made 48 hours in advance, so we will hear on Monday about the start of racing. If racing does go ahead on Wednesday and Thursday, it has been decided that it will be under a contingency plan for racing Divisions 1-3 in half-divisions, and thus only our Men’s and Women’s 1st VIIIs will race.
We’ll keep you updated as we know more about any racing, and if it goes ahead, times!
Welcome to the new HCBC website. The site is currently under construction and new content will appear throughout the term. In the meantime, should you need to contact us, please use the form on the contact us page.